Posted to alt.home.repair
John John is offline

Default Can I cut the branches of my neighbors trees?

wrote:
I called
my neighbor and asked him if he would mind if I had the trees cut
down and split the cost with him.

As I did mention all attempts I have made have fallen on deafness.
I don't think the guy will remove 6 trees or even allow them to be
removed I am happy to learn that you have a nice guy living next to
you.

The point I was trying to get across is maybe it isn't the message,
it's your delivery method. It ended up costing my neighbor $2200 to
remove 3 large oak trees that were covering my house. He doesn't even
live next door to me. It's an empty lot. I approached him, and
stated the problem and offered him a solution that I was willing to
help him pay part of the cost. Fortunately for me he paid the entire
bill. I'm a nice guy too, but if you came to me like you are coming
across in this news group there is NO way I would want to work with
you either.

I am happy to find that you think you speak for every other poster. I got
your point but you somehow have not gotten mine. You have dealt with someone
that responded to you. It has not been the case with me even if some think
that I send him threatening mail when all I did was ask for him to speak
with me about the issue. It seems that many on this group are happy to react
in the negative rather than give someone the benefit of the doubt. I was
assuming you were the latter but maybe I was wrong.