Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill Bill is offline

Default Particle Board Woes

"HeyBub" wrote in message
Bill wrote:

You won't know for sure 'til you get tested.

Actually, I visited an allergist regarding a related matter
(Monsodium-Glutamate (MSG) and some of it's cousins). He suggested
there was little sense in administering a battery of tests to
determine what I basically already know (what to stay away from).
That is $360 worth of medical guidance which I am providing to you
for free (without warrantee). I know well enough, because I can
validate it with a number of other substances, that the problem with
the particle board is the presence of formalehyde. To me, it
doesn't matter whether it's the dust or the emitted gases. I won't
be cutting the stuff.

Okay. As long as you recognize you're the defective human and don't try to
legislate your malady prevention on normal folk.

I don't look at myself as a defective human, but as a more sensitive one.
In fact, from your reply I can see that my sensitivity extends in directions
that haven't even occurred to you. Being "normal" is relative. Ten years
ago, by the definition you are using, I would have been "normal". Will you
not consider yourself normal anymore if you come down with repiratory
problems?