Posted to alt.home.repair
twonkie twonkie is offline

Default My AccessMaster Garage Door Opener is crazy!

On Sep 20, 2:54 pm, twonkie wrote:
On Sep 20, 10:05 am, dpb wrote:

twonkie wrote:

Thanks Bo! I'll try bypassing them or moving them right next to each
other. I'll post the results. Thanks again.

If it moves, they're aligned well enough. Unless there's something
breaking the beam intermittently, it's highly unlikely from the
described symptoms they're the problem.

Sounds more like intermittent electrical contact somewhere to me...

I'd be looking at all connections, limit switches, motor connections,
etc., etc., ...

How does it operate if disconnect the door and simply actuate the closer
mechanism? If it does the same, it's electrical/controls. If it
operates normally, it's mechanical.

--

When I disconnect the door it acts the same way, It's almost like a
capacitor is discharging too quickly IMO.

That's what I was thinking. I think I'm going to call Chamberlain
tomorrow when I'm standing in front of the opener.

Thanks dpb!

Well after replacing the RPM sensor and the garage door still having
problems, I called Chamberlain again and went through the
troubleshooting process again. The second go around spurned new light
about the problem. The agent that I spoke with said it was a problem
on the logic board...an electronics problem. I ordered a new logic
board. I received the board and replaced it. I haven't had any
problems since. My warranty was expired so my total expense was
around $100 dollars to fix it. Thanks for all the assistance!