Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default Electrical Outlet Wiring

On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 08:36:33 -0400, "John Gilmer"
wrote:

You also might want to be sure anyone else who's around knows what
you're doing, and won't turn that breaker back on.

True, true.

But if you have insulated tools the only times you mgith actually have
contact is when you are doing "preliminary" wire twisting or are handling
things like switches our outlets.

You can strip and bend and twist wires without touching them directly.

And try to never touch more than one at a time. Of course perfection
doesn't exist and there's no way you can guarantee no mistakes.

BTW, I once touched a hot (120VAC) wire while replacing a switch, and
felt nothing at all.

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

school classes." -- Ted Kennedy