Posted to alt.home.repair
John John is offline

Default Can I cut the branches of my neighbors trees?

Doug Miller wrote:
In article , "John"
wrote:
My neighbor has trees that hang all over my fence and more leaves
fall in my yard then in his. I have to rake them every hour if I
want them gone. Can I have a tree guy come in and cut the ones that
hang over and send him the bill?

Of course. The tree guy is going to send the bill to you, because you
hired
him. You're perfectly free to send the bill to your neighbor. And he's
perfectly free to ignore it, too. And depending on what the law is
wherever
you are, you may be facing a civil action, or possibly even
misdemeanor
criminal charges, for trimming a tree that doesn't belong to you.

I have sent him countless letters asking him to do something but have
got no response. What are my options in the matter does anyone know?

Move to the desert. You're obviously unsuited for life in any place
where you
have trees. Or neighbors.

Maybe you might like to review the thread before you feel qualified to
offer advice. No drive-by comments taken seriously.