Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default how to repair lifted trace pads ?

Michael Kennedy wrote:

"Jim Yanik" wrote in message
Jamie t wrote in
:

robb wrote:

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message

If a pad is still in place, just 'flapping free' of the board,

it can often

be re-attached just by heating and pressing. The original glue

will remelt

and stick it enough to work with. I try to avoid superglue as

it fumes badly

when heated and is a killer if you get it in your eyes.

thanks Arfa,

that was exactly the situation... flapping around
i tried the super glue before i read your post though

in this case the reheat may not have worked as the under side of
pad became contaminated with rosin flux which i flushed before
super gling

thanks for ideas,
robb

Loctite 404.. or Plumbers PVC glue.

At the shop, we have some leftover 2 part mix
glue that is now outlawed. You have to wear a
face shield when applying in a very opened or
ventilated area. You place one compound on
one piece while you place the other compound on the
other piece to be joined. Nothing takes place until
you actually join them. You have to be rather quick
in getting them into position correctly. It gives off
a mist that is very toxic. This is for industrial use
only and requires a on sight permit to use it.

Now we can't get any more, but still have a rather good
supply of it. When you need to do things like bonding
Nylon, Teflon etc. that is what we use.

Why is it "outlawed"?

Or another question.. What is it?

Or where this shop is, so OSHA can shut them down?

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida