Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jamie Jamie is offline

Default dishonest advertising...

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
Don Bowey wrote:

Many products are manufactured by company A under contract from company B.
It's been done for years. My very first color TV was a Packard Bell with an
RCA CTC16 chassis.

I hate to break the news to you, Don, but at that time RCA held all
the NTSC color TV patents and almost every US made color TV was built
with RCA chassis and custom cabinets. All they did was stuff the
cabinet, and ship them. After the patents expired, some continued with
RCA chassis for a while. It took time and money to tool up their
production lines for a very competitive market that they had no
experience in.

The worst was Curtis Mathis, who bought the rights to discontinued
RCA chassis designs and built clones in the '70s and '80s. You paid a
premium price for a four to six year old design, and most of the sets
were DOA, or needed some repair at the store. A local furniture store
sold them, and we had to fix every damn one of them before they could be
put on the sales floor. They also sold Morse Electrophonic 'stereos'
that claimed 200 W per channel. They used the same output transistors
as '60s japanese transistor radios, and the speakers were rated at five
watts.

Are you suggesting they made a clerical error ?

Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5