Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
Joseph Joseph is offline

Default how contractors really size aircon

wrote in message
On Sat, 20 Oct 2007 21:43:13 -0500, "Noon-Air"
wrote:

Expected by you, you mean, using a particular definition of "correct."

CJT... "correct" is defined by the proper science and calculations according
to the requirements by the IBC, IMC, NEC, ASHRAE, and State/local laws,
codes and regulations.You seem to think these don't apply to you. Maybe you
need to do some homework before trying to stir the pot here.

For the most part, *most* of the regulars in alt.hvac are certified master
techs, and contractors. Alt.hvac is *NOT* a place for home owners to come
while about paying $100 cause they were too ignorant to change their
filters. Thats what alt.home.repair is for.

And, 99.999 % of the time, said home-moaners never were, and
never will, even live close enough to the regs here to be a customer,
or potential customer. They don't understand that, they seem to think
that somehow they are 'a representative customer talking to a
contractor about doing some business'. Of course, they are no such
thing - they are someone looking for a freebie, or BITCHING about a
contractor, and expecting to be treated like they paid money for
something here.

Advice to moaners - if you don't know EXACTLY where the person
you're talking to is in business, and if you don't live within maybe
20 miles of that place, you are NOT 'a prospective customer', you are
'a free loader from out of town, just passing through with his hand
out' and when you babble on about 'I'll never give you my business',
it's laughable, it's like saying you'll never nominate me for Pope - A
) you weren't going to anyway, B ) no one cares what you do, and C )
I'm not even Catholic.

Amen Brother...

We are not going to assume the liability of telling you how to fix your
jurassic furnace, sight unseen, and without knowing what your abilities and
capabilities are.
You need to call a local, *COMPETENT*, licensed, insured, professionally
trained, HVAC technician to come diagnose and repair or replace your broken
air conditioner, heat pump, furnace, and/or boiler.

If you would be so kind, please quit cross posting this junk.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

'With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.'
HVAC/R program for Palm PDA's
Free demo now available online http://pmilligan.net/palm/