Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Klipstein Don Klipstein is offline

Default Halogen Lamp Bulb Question

In article , Robert11 wrote:
Hello:

Have lamp that uses those Linear T Halogen bulbs of 150 W.

Lamp has literally been eating bulbs lately.
Not before this.

Have gone thru 3 new ones in about a week.

Anyone else experience this ?

Any thoughts on ?

Other posters are mentioning bad sockets. Sometimes the sockets have
corrosion that may be removable by scrubbing away with sandpaper or the
right shape grinding tip.

Another possibility that comes to my mind: The replacement bulbs are
junky pieces of garbage.

You will probably have better luck with reputable major brands, which
include GE, Philips, Sylvania, Osram, and Ushio. Also look where they are
manufactured - I have an impression that better ones are made in North
America, Europe and Japan.

- Don Klipstein )