Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
CJT CJT is offline

Default how contractors really size aircon

kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

"CJT" wrote in message

kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

"CJT" wrote in message

Noon-Air wrote:

"Ashton Crusher" wrote in message
om...

On 5 Oct 2007 13:00:28 -0400, wrote:

I like the "front door rule" :-)

http://www.fsec.ucf.edu/en/publicati...9-95/index.htm

Nick

One of the most telling bits of info is the "reasons for oversizing".
The most common reason is because the customer requested it.

This is done strictly out of ignorance.

That
suggests to me that in the real world the Manual J and other "correct"
ways of sizing are too often giving undersized results and the
customers have learned from past experience that they need a bigger
unit then the "experts" tell them they need.

This is only because the customer is trying to get the system to do

things

that its not designed for

That's the customer's choice to make. Who are you to say what he should
be able to call upon it to do? He's the one paying.

Almost every place I've
lived in has had undersized cooling.

Probably not.....a correctly sized system is designed to *MAINTAIN* the
average comfort levels at the design conditions....not bring the temp

in

100 degree home down to 70 degrees in 30 minutes. Its not gonna happen.

If that's what the customer wants, and he's willing to pay for it, and
it's not illegal, then who made YOU king?

CJT if you had a clue, you would know it's not expected from a system

that's

correctly sized.

Expected by you, you mean, using a particular definition of "correct."

Boy, you could be an English teacher, but you just can't understand plain
English.
Pretty simple, Shut The **** Up ASSHOLE.

No. Take your own advice.