Posted to alt.home.repair
John John is offline

Default Can I cut the branches of my neighbors trees?

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"John" wrote in message
. ..
My neighbor has trees that hang all over my fence and more leaves
fall in my yard then in his. I have to rake them every hour if I
want them gone. Can I have a tree guy come in and cut the ones that
hang over and send him the bill? I have sent him countless letters
asking him to do something but have got no response. What are my
options in the matter does anyone know?

John

Although in my town, it's legal for a neighbor to cut overhanging
branches, I would be disproportionately ****ed off if a neighbor did
that without first having a conversation. Have you knocked on your
neighbor's door and asked for his/her opinion?

Also: Why do so many leaves fall on your side? Prevailing wind?

I am not at this home many months of the year and the fall is the only time
when the leaves fall. I have had a kid take care of the lawn during the
summer but now is off season with nothing to cut. I did have the cleaning
done but now I am the one that is left as my usual helper is gone. I first
decided to drop off a note and keep a copy but after several left in his
mail box and several actually delivered by the US Mail I assume I am being
ignored. I only get ****ed when I am in the middle of raking and think of
dropping the leaves off on his front steps along with some dog crap just to
make my point.