Posted to alt.home.repair
Puddin' Man Puddin'  Man is offline

Default A/C systems

On Fri, 19 Oct 2007 07:15:44 -0700, Dottie wrote:

What I would like to know - preferably from someone who works on a/c
systems ... are they comparable as far as problems/break downs go?
Will one outlast the other? Goodman costs less. Is it just because
of name recognition?

I'm not a pro.

Got no axes to grind.

If you want "better" and you have the $, get Trane.

Goodman "fit and finish" may leave something to be desired.
Suspect Trane is easier to repair as well.

As regards reliability/longevity, with proper install,
I don't think anybody knows ('tho they'll swear that they do).

I'd place highest priority on selecting a super-competent
conny-tractor, type of eqpt. a distant second.

Cheers,
Puddin'

"Well, there's two trains runnin'.
Ain't neither one goin' my way.
One run at midnight,
the other run just before day."
- from "Still A Fool", Muddy Waters, maybe 1949