Posted to alt.home.repair
jim jim is offline

Default PEX piping question

On Oct 20, 2:51 pm, Oren wrote:
On Sat, 20 Oct 2007 19:33:38 GMT, a wrote:
a wrote:
Oren wrote:
On Sat, 20 Oct 2007 19:12:46 GMT, a wrote:

Ivan Vegvary wrote:
"BobK207" wrote in message
glegroups.com...

Yes they do. I've replaced the supply side of my copper system with
PEX from the service entrance right to the shut off valves for the
toilet and sinks.

FWIW: I used this:
http://www.pexcrimper.com/

Soooo much cheaper than a ratchet crimper and gets into tighter spots
too!

You also need vise grips with that tool. Seems tough to get both in a
tight space?

Have you seen the size of the ratchet crimpers? Plus, with the
vice-grips, you can squeeze the tool at almost angle - I crimped
connections up over the foundation sill between joists which I never
would have been able to get at with a traditional tool.

This is a perfect illustration of the usefulness:
http://www.pexcrimper.com/images/testimonials.jpg

Makes sense to me.

- And no, I don't work for them! ;0)

PS - The ratchet crimpers are over $200 at the DIY stores where I live.
$35? No contest.

I bought crimpers (Crimp master) for our master bath remodel. It was
cheaper than rental for the days needed...given the long drive to rent
the tool.

I ended up with another new tool
--
Oren

Why is there only one Monopolies Commission ?- Hide quoted text -

Further to freezing if frozen more than twice in one spot it should be
replaced as it pressure rating is halve of stated rating this is told
to me by the rep for Bowflex remember that copper fittings will still
crack if frozen