Posted to alt.home.repair
O O is offline

Default Counterytop doesn't meet tiles

"Dee Dee" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Oct 20, 4:21 pm, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:
"Dee Dee" wrote in message
Two strips of tile (about 3/8") are missing near the corner where an
appliance garage was removed, so that is a problem as well.
http://i22.tinypic.com/6hsrja.jpg

But we can't get any advise on what product or technique to fill the
space between the Cambria countertops and the tile if we do not want
to replace all the tile.

Any comments appreciated.

How about a photo without all the stuff on the counter? That would help
get
a better idea what you are talking about. Meantime, I'd consider some
soft
of decorative trim or cove to cover the gap.

http://i24.tinypic.com/jgk1ds.jpg
Here is a picture of where the tiles meet the countertop. It may not
be light enough.

I'm not sure what you mean by "...some soft of decorative trim or
cove..."

I do have some towels up against the space now just to make sure that
no water seeps into the gap.

Thanks for your reply.
Dee

From the picture it appears that the countertop extends UNDER the backsplash
tile, but that a small gap remains between the bottom of the tile and the
top of the countertops. I'd consider shimming-up the countertop until it is
flush with the bottom of the tile. The current gap also gives you an
excellent opportunity to get some clear silicone caulk between the two
surfaces before you close the gap.

Just my .02 worth....

Jay