Posted to rec.woodworking
B A R R Y B A R R Y is offline

Default Best Woodworking Magazine

On Sat, 20 Oct 2007 17:09:23 GMT, ROY! wrote:

So with all that being said, I find that as my woodworking skills
advance, Woodwork magazine continues to become more interesting and
useful. The current issue has an article several pages long which goes
into detail about wipe on finishes and finishing by a very reputable
author. This article alone would be worth the price of a year's
subscription in my humble opinion.
http://www.woodwork-mag.com/

I hear ya'!

Those are the Popular Woodworking folks and I really like their
approach! Flexner recently got kind of unfairly (my opinion) beat
up on this forum for his "Home Center Finishes" article in another
publication, but I've learned lots from him.

Chris Schwartz is an excellent editor.

What I find kind of funny is that I'm a big fan of the Tage Frid
school of no-nonsense, getting it done, no-fru-fru, woodworking. Pop
Wood & Woodworking seem more "Fridian" to me than the magazine Tage
made what it is (was?).

** http://www.bburke.com/woodworking.html **