Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Lead (Pb) price continues to skyrocket

On Oct 15, 12:47 pm, john wrote:
Cydrome Leader wrote:
Richard J Kinch wrote:

Lead is at $1.80/lb these days, up from 40 cents a year ago and 20 cents
five years ago.

http://www.kitcometals.com/charts/lead_historical.html

What is the problem with world market for this metal?

Suddenly those neurotic hoards of old car batteries in the back yard don't
look so crazy.

the chinese are using up all the lead to make paint for toys.

The Chinese are not paronoid like we are in the US. We treat lead like
U238 uranium because of all the hype from the media. Don't eat lead or
lead paint. Dont eat **** either, neither is too good for you.

John

You apparently haven't been watching the news lately concerning the
crap in YOUR food supply.

Hmm..mmmm...good...can I have another crap burger?

TMT