Posted to alt.home.repair
a a is offline

Default PEX piping question

Ivan Vegvary wrote:
"BobK207" wrote in message
oups.com...

Depends on the house / bathroom (& kitchen / laundry) layout.

Bob, thank you so much for your reply.

My bathroom is 20 feet away from the water heater and cold water source.
Ranch style, single story, furthest bathroom from source. Please explain
the use of manifolds. Is this simply PEX's way of not using a bunch of
Tee's. In copper I would have multiple Tee's near the source and then send
individual runs to the fixtures. I guess "multiple Tee's" is the same as a
manifold. Are we talking about the same thing?

Additionally, you mentioned running PEX up through the floor to the fixture.
I imagine they make a fitting to go from PEX to the threaded fittings on the
shut-off valves.

Yes they do. I've replaced the supply side of my copper system with PEX
from the service entrance right to the shut off valves for the toilet and
sinks.

FWIW: I used this:
http://www.pexcrimper.com/

Soooo much cheaper than a ratchet crimper and gets into tighter spots too!