Posted to alt.home.repair
Rick Blaine Rick Blaine is offline

Default PEX piping question

"Ivan Vegvary" wrote:

Please explain the use of manifolds. Is this simply PEX's way of not using a bunch of
Tee's. In copper I would have multiple Tee's near the source and then send
individual runs to the fixtures. I guess "multiple Tee's" is the same as a
manifold. Are we talking about the same thing?

Manifolds minimize the wait time for hot water and reduce the scalding problem
when someone flushes a toilet while the shower is on. I've not seen anyone stack
tees back at teh source, but it sounds like it would work the same.

--
"Tell me what I should do, Annie."
"Stay. Here. Forever." - Life On Mars