Posted to alt.home.repair
DonC DonC is offline

Default Replacing shower faucet

"gary" wrote in message
oups.com...
The 35-year-old faucet for my bathroom shower has a handle and a knob
-- one adjusts the temperature; the other adjusts the pressure --
which have become very hard to turn.

Since parts are no longer available for my faucet, I'd like to replace
it with a brand-new faucet.

However, all of the faucets at Home Depot and Lowes connect to 1/2"
water pipes. However, the water supplied to my shower is via a 3/4"
pipe.

The Home Depot guy said I'd have to open up the wall and replace the
3/4" pipes with 1/2" pipes. I'd prefer not doing that because the
shower has a fiberglass surround and the other side of the wall is not
accessible (cabinets, granite counter-tops, etc).

Does anyone know of any name-brand (i.e., Moen, Delta, American
Standard, etc) faucets that fit 3/4" pipes?

Do you have room for a 3/4 to 1/2 reducer? If so that's an easy solution.