Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
JamesRay JamesRay is offline

Default Request: Source for Old Hinges

"Ray S. & Nayda Katzaman" wrote in
:

I am refurbishing an old chest for my granddaughter and need to
replace the hinges. Here are a couple of pictures of what I need. I
have visited both Lowes and The Home Depot, but they do not carry
anything like the ones I need, not even their special order catalogs.
I did a Google search, but to not avail. If anyone has a source for
old hardware, please let me know.

Many thanks in advance,

Ray
Austin, TX
===

Ray,

I have to ask, what is wrong with the hinges on the piece?

From your pictures they appear to be solid brass and in good condition.
If they are solid brass, all you have to do is buff out the surface and
you will have hinges that look brand new.

JR