Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill Bill is offline

Default Particle Board Woes

I find that after I visit big stores that have lots of dusty particle board,
plywood and MDF stacked around that I have a shortness of breath for a while
afterward. This is true to some degree even if I don't go near the wood (as
the formaldehyde-laden dust is most likely being ventilated throughout the
store). I have recently reluctantly had to facethe fact that I simply don't
belong in those stores. I recently came home from a woodworkers show with
the same reaction. Does anyone else here have this problem?

Admittedly, I have other chemical sensitivities, but I think that there
still may be an "air-quality" issue here. Employees spending hours and
hours in (what I consider) sub-quality air must be compromising their health
in some ways...probably unbeknownst to many of them.

I suppose, If I've made anyone think critically about air quality issues
like this I'll feel like I have contributed something. I suppose this this
issue is far down the list in the world's priorities... Comments welcome of
course.

Bill