Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default Electrical Outlet Wiring

On Fri, 19 Oct 2007 08:39:43 -0500, wrote:

On Fri, 19 Oct 2007 12:55:56 GMT,
(Doug Miller)
wrote:

In article ,
wrote:

What the heck kind of printer do you use to dim the lights? I have
never had that happen.

Obviously you've never used a laser printer.

Printers are low power users.

Correction: ink-jet printers are low power users. Laser and dye-sublimation
printers are major power hogs.

Actually, I only use a laser printer. I refuse to pay the outrageous
prices for ink.

I remember reading about that (laser printers have lower per-use
cost). How good are they for photos now?

I have a canon 465. An older small laser printer.
It never dims the lights. I do have an (almost) dedicated circuit for
computer stuff. The only other things on it is a tv, stereo, and lamp
on my desk. I normally dont use them all at once anyhow. Maybe my
printer being smaller, dont draw as much power.

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"God was invented by man for a reason, that
reason is no longer applicable."