Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Wisnia Jeff Wisnia is offline

Default Electrical Outlet Wiring

Proch wrote:
I don't see how that could be true. The same kind of fasterners are used to
fasten every single wire in the basement to wood.

Yes, but are those stapled wires which carry line voltage what you
described as "extension cords" or are they Romex or other approved
permanent wiring material, and do they have plugs on their ends or do
they go into traditional electrical boxes?

I couldn't hurt to check it out with your town's electrical inspector,
could it?

But, do what you want, it's your house, not mine. And as I said before I
think the direct risks are minimal, it's just thinking about the posible
code violation which got me going.

Peace,

Jeff

--