Posted to alt.home.repair
Eric Eric is offline

Default Electrical Outlet Wiring

Well that's true but you're probably not going to see anything useful either.

Most boxes are such a rat's nest that it's hard to see what's going on even with the switch/outlet pulled out!

Eric

"Proch" wrote in message . ..
Yeah, I don't see how I could make contact by simply removing the face plate.

"Eric" wrote in message g.com...
Um... in an earlier post you state you "were an EE in college". Did you actually *pass* the course?

First 3 words in the instructions for *any* wiring project: "TURN OFF POWER...".

"Proch" wrote in message . ..
GP-

Thank you for taking the time to put that together - this is exactly what I was hoping for... I will open the box
tonight or tomorrow and figure everything out before proceeding. Now... would you open the box without cutting the
power? Or is this considered dangerous...