Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Sam Goldwasser Sam Goldwasser is offline

Default dishonest advertising...

"William Sommerwerck" writes:

Lest anyone think I'm just down on Bose, there's plenty of other dishonest
advertising out there.

The recent Apple Macintosh ads were filled with half-truths and outright
lies. Rather than try to _explain_ why the Mac is superior to Windows (I
don't want to get into that argument -- though the Mac has legitimate
advantages, Windows-based computers are, overall, superior), we're treated
to cutesy, simple-minded sound-bite misrepresentations.

About 10 years ago Kodak ran TV ads for their new color films that were
outright lies. And doing some research on early Kodaks, I found the
following statement about the original Kodak:

"The Kodak will photograph anything, still or moving, indoors or out."

Slow lens, slow film, slow shutter, no flash. Not likely.

Sure it will. The results will just be lousy. They will still be
photos (no pun...).