Posted to alt.home.repair
** Frank ** **    Frank    ** is offline

Default Sliding patio door inside or outside?

"Harry K" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Oct 18, 7:46 pm, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:
"aemeijers" wrote in message

Standard for French doors is out swing . . . ..
Not doubting your word, but the ones I've seen up here in snow country
all
open in. The only weather doors I see that swing out around here are on
small sheds.

aem sends...

Code is to open in on standard doors, I don't see that French doors would
be
any different.

I have seen that statement made before. Oddly, noone has given a cite
to prove it.

Harry K

Code or no code, all the residential exterior doors I've seen open in. I
want to install an exterior French door open out but than the threshold will
be reversed and the hinges exposed degrading security. Anyway I talk with a
door contractor and he could install with doors open out, so may not be
code.

Exterior doors open out in some foreign countries.

My commercial exterior door swings in and out, handicap approved, hidden
spring loaded for panel to return to close position, panels could remain
open in or out without being latched, heavy duty three point latch with just
a flip of the finger, 1/4" thick temper glass, and build like a tank almost
intrusion proof. I wish doors made this well for residential use.