Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Speaking of satellite converter boxes.....

On Oct 19, 3:46?am, Joe Smut wrote:
Mortimer Schnerd, RN wrote:
Oren wrote:
My comment was directed: that yes, the provider of digital satellite
would dicuss various units with the customers. HallerB's comment (cut
out) was not bull****

It appears he's talking about his experience with Dish Network while I am
referring to mine with DirecTV.

They both suck

You need to realize cable is way better today thanks to satellite
competition.

I waited 3 years for TVLAND on TCI cable then switched to dish and
havent looked back.

Dish has nice DVRs that have changed the way we look at tv forever.
what few rain fades we get in only blinding thunderstorms is way less
than cable outages from power failures and car accidents taking down
lines, heck we had some bad channels for MONTHS only in extreme cold
of nite. cable refused tio send out a tech unless it was a major
outage, it would of been overtime. yet the trouble went on for months
and right after we cancelled they finally found and replaced a bad
neighborhood amplifier, that was cold sensitive.

so why do you think satellite sucks? you work for a cable company?