Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff[_3_] Jeff[_3_] is offline

Default bamboo florring and concrete subfloor

Over concrete a floating floor installation is usually recommended over a
moisture barier layer. You can get click-together bamaboo which is a
floating installation. This example is from a Canadian distributer..

http://www.costco.ca/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=10299914&whse=BCCA&Ne=4000000& eCat=BCCA|20076&N=4009370&Mo=15&No=2&Nr=P_CatalogN ame:BCCA&cat=20238&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&lang= en-CA&Sp=C&topnav=

"chris" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm really attracted to bamboo flooring for my dining room/kitchen
area. Can it be successfully laid over a concrete floor? I hear
conflicting advice. One said that it must be glued to the floor, but
there's no guarantee that it won't move. A search of message boards
suggests that it's probably ok. Grateful for any advice!
Thanks
Chris