Posted to sci.electronics.repair
jakdedert jakdedert is offline

Default dishonest advertising...

Don Bowey wrote:
On 10/19/07 7:20 AM, in article
, "Ken G."
wrote:

Same basic thing as making a product with a brand name on it but the
entire insides are a totaly different maker .

What is your point?

Many products are manufactured by company A under contract from company B.
It's been done for years. My very first color TV was a Packard Bell with an
RCA CTC16 chassis.

You're answering a post that was a reply to the OP, but attributing it
to him.

Read again, but FWIW, I agree. Company of origin should be the same as
the nameplate, IMO. If not, that should be clearly stated. Most
companies made their reputations on the quality of their--then
self-manufactured--products.

The more recent practice of taking a well-recognized brand name, which
became popular under the above model, and stuffing just any old thing
inside is a 'bait & switch' tactic. Never mind that 'everyone is doing
it' and have been for years. My experience is that the average consumer
is still not aware of that. That may be changing somewhat, but in the
beginning it was absolutely true.

jak