Posted to rec.woodworking
B A R R Y B A R R Y is offline

Default cutting thin wood

B A R R Y wrote:
J. Clarke wrote:
Plane to 1/8. Experiment first to get the right dimensions so that
you can plane both sides smooth with enough allowance to get your
finish dimension--the amount of allowance you need is going to depend
on your particular tools and skill level.

Do you know what most planers will do to a 1/8" x 1/4" strip?

I do, as I've tried it. G

If I could reliably thickness plane to 1/8" thick without all kinds of
faffing around with sleds, etc... I could have spent the cost of my
Performax 22/44.

"Elsewhere" got chopped off the end of the last sentence by my brain! G