Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Lead (Pb) price continues to skyrocket

On Fri, 19 Oct 2007 07:36:25 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm,
"Harold and Susan Vordos" quickly quoth:

I can't help but notice how the value of the dollar is more closely related
to the price of crude than anything.

Unfortunately, it's an inverse relationship. The higher the crude, the
lower the dollar.

I agree----we're in for a lumpy ride in the near future.

Agreed. sigh

This is the time to own "things", not money. I used to refine precious
metals. Sold my platinum WAY too soon. Who'd have ever thought it would
reach $1,400? sigh!

This is the time to be as self-sufficient as possible. Those "crazy
survivalists" weren't so crazy after all, were they?

It's time to update my bug-out bag, too, ah reckon.

--
History is often stranger than fiction. Fiction has to be plausible.
History is what happens when people don't follow the script.