Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveB SteveB is offline

Default Is it a Felony in your state?

"Oren" wrote in message
I was solicited today at the door. _Hi, we are painting "Jim's" house
and see you have a need for painting (duh! not much).

Without a single thought this beautiful woman (emphasis) quotes me
$2,150.00. Playing on this conversation I say I only have three sides
to paint. Of course she can now do the job cheaper (consult in the
car with the driver - (GRIN) )

She comes back, says $1,500.00 for the three sides of the house to be
painted. I asked, if the company/she had a contractor's license - no!
"we have a crew to paint". Do they have a license? She went
silent...like I had three heads :-))

I had the ask the beautiful solicitor

In Nevada.

A contractor is anyone who in any capacity except as an employee of
another with wages as the sole compensation, undertakes to, offers to
undertake to, purports to have the capacity to undertake to, or
submits a bid to, or does himself or by or through others, construct,
alter, repair, add to, subtract from, improve, move, wreck, or
demolish any building, highway, road, railroad, excavation or other
structure, project, development or improvement. (NRS 624.020)

--
Oren

"I wouldn't even be here if my support group hadn't beaten me up."