Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Furnace Problems - Blowing cold air - Please help

wrote in message
So, he was a bit shaking at this point and told me that it's old,
dirty. That cleaning will cost me $600 and the new unit $2000.
That he won't repair electric box, because even if it worked, he
doesn't want to have anything to do with the fact it will kill us
afterwards... and so on and on... wouldn't let me say one word.

Did he at least kiss you and use a good lubricant?

Can someone tell me what my next step should be?
Should I call another electrician and let him repair the transformer
from 120 to 24volt and run the unit, or forget it and buy a new
furnace?

Call a more reputable service man. This is a perfecft example of why
calling a pro is not always the answer. Now, it may be possible that there
is some other problem, such as the heat exchanger, but this guy should have
been able to point out the problem and explain why it would cause concern.

Normaly , I'd say replace the transformer, but to put you mind at ease, get
a knowledgable person to check it out. Does your gas company offer service?