Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] utechvideo@gmail.com is offline

Default Fridge door won't close

On Oct 18, 6:04 pm, wrote:
On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 13:56:03 -0700, 32andtwentyseven

wrote:
Fridge door won't close properly. It closes but then pops open an
inch. If you give it a hard nudge sometimes it stays closed, but even
then the top corner has a gap. Any ideas? I can't replace the fridge,
it belongs to my landlord.

That's simple, there's too much beer inside your fridge.
Drink half of it, and the door will close again.
If it still dont close tight, wrap duct tape around the door and to
the rear of the fridge. Change or reuse the tape each time you open
it. Or maybe a bungee cord would work too.

Hi,

I am a retired Appliance Tech. Some good advice so far. Here is my
advice 1. Loosen the screws all around the liner that holds the door
seal in place. Then place a bunched up rag on the corner oposite to
the corner that stays open. Press in the problem corner several times.
Now check that the door closes evenly by sighting alon the seal and/or
sliding a thin stiff paper around the seal. There should be a slight
tug all the way around.

If the door now is sealing evenly, have a friend hold the door rigidly
and tighten each CORNER screw. Test it again. If now OK tighten the
remaining screws. This is explained in my Appliance repair DVD. Go to
[APPLIANCE REPAIR RIPOFFS Stopped] in YouTube to see my demo just for
fun. THE Demo does no cover this repair though. Dave the Tech