Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus1624 Ignoramus1624 is offline

Default Lead (Pb) price continues to skyrocket

On 2007-10-19, Ned Simmons wrote:
On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 20:06:32 -0500, Ignoramus1624

On 2007-10-19, Ned Simmons wrote:
On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 15:18:31 -0700, David Harmon
wrote:
How
much does used carbide go for per pound?

$8.50/lb as of Monday. It was as high as $9.25 last summer.

Ned, do you know how much does HSS go per pound?

I had a few hundred pounds of cutters from an auction lot a couple
years ago and couldn't find any way to get rid of that amount for more
than scrap steel price. But please let us know if you find a market
for small quantities.

My scrapper gives me 1-1.20 per lb. I recently scrapped a large
quantity of taps.It is the same guy whose hinge I welded.