Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Bill Bill is offline

Default For Kate - relief carving in cherry - IMG_5164b.jpg

On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 07:04:21 -0400, B A R R Y
wrote:

Bill wrote:
This was done about 20 years ago in 2 pieces of cherry glued together
in the center. It is approximately 14 x 18 inches and is carved about
3/8 of an inch deep. The finish is several coats of Minwax Antique
Oil Finish.

Nice!

I like the little detail of the leaves falling out of the frame on the
lower left.

Thanks! The leaf was actually an afterthought. Everything was going
to stop at the cut line, but when I started carving the leaves, I
"saw" the leaf projecting past the line, so I found a piece of scrap
and glued it on for the decending leaf. So technically, it's from 3
pieces of wood.

Bill