Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default What is the most reliable "Back-Pack" Gas Weed Eater?

On Oct 18, 1:14 pm, "Mamba" wrote:
"Merlin" wrote in message

oups.com...

Hello everyone,

I have slightly over an acre of yard with 125 large trees, 700+ feet
of fence-line, numerous bushes, flowerbeds, out buildings and 400 feet
of drainage ditch that I have to weed eat around. I checked with a
landscaping company and they said they wouldn't touch it for just the
weed eating for less than $75 per/cut. I'm not paying that much. I'll
pay for a high quality one and do it myself. I need one that has the
back-pack feature because I'm getting older and I can't hold the
regular ones very long.

Needless to say, it's a bit much for your standard weed eater. I've
worked several of them to death.

I'm looking for a high quality, electric start, "back-pack" type
commercial weed eater to purchase.

I thought I would check here first to see if any of you good people
could tell me of any that you've personally used and had great
experiences with.

Thank you in advance for any information you can provide.

If you get a good quality straight shaft trimmer (like a commercial Stihl)
and try one of these, it might aremove the back-pack requirement.http://www.weedwheels.com/- Hide quoted text -

I did my area which has 70 trees and hundreds of perennials, I also
convinced a guy who owns a nice farm to do it and he now saves 250 a
month all summer from reduced weedwacking labor and gas. Around trees
are no issue, I go out about a foot, near plants or gardens first you
want no wind, I found a piece of 1/4" paneling about 4x4 that had a
hole cut in it I use as a shield, For some areas I cover a group of
plants with buckets or plastic. After abouit 2 weeks I get out my
handheld propane weed burner and burn everything black, it looks good.
Maybe twice a year I do it, I used to spend hours weedwacking with a
Sthil, now no more. If you get it on a plant it can be removed by
hoseing with water if you do it right away. Get a good garden sprayer
with adjustable patterns and try it slowly when you have no wind. The
Propane weed burner takes a small tank , the wand or burner head is
long enough where you stand and burn out the dead stuff. A 200 ft
ditch, I cant really picture but it might look better killed and
burnt. Wait till its dead from the spray before you burn.