Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Gerald Ross Gerald Ross is offline

Default DVR XP

Arch wrote:
Hey Mr Hippy, You mentioned something that I've wondered about, ie.
leaving my Leeson controller switches on. Does using the speed control
as an on-off switch during a turning session do any harm and why does
the control need both a run switch and a power switch? I guess to start
up where I left off, but wouldn't the power switch do the same since
there is no default to zero rpm? Something to do with the electronics?

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter

Not Hippy, but if you stop with the button, it restarts at the same
speed. If you turn the switch off, when you turn it back on it beeps a
burbles awhile like a computer booting up, then is ready to run at the
default second set speed. My second speed is 450(I changed it from
500) the first default set is 250, the third 750. It comes with five
default set speeds, but you can use the up and down buttons to change
in increments of 5 rpm. I love that on roughing out because I just
hold the down button until the shimmy stops. As the piece is evened
out rounder I can gradually speed it up to make the cutting faster.

--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

There's nothing wrong with Southern