Posted to rec.woodworking
Owen Lawrence Owen Lawrence is offline

Default Suggestions for cuting board finish?

This thread comes along every few months, and I always get a
chuckle.
snip

I'm curious.

In this day and age of low cost, FDA approved, polypropolene cutting
boards, why bother making a wooden one except as a display piece or a
gift.

Because the scrap dishwasher I was discarding had a top made of maple that
was just right to make into cutting boards. I had a large HDPE cutting
board I made 15 years ago, and another that my wife bought that was too
small. I wanted an inbetween one, so I made it out of the scrap wood. Now
all the relatives are asking for copies.

- Owen -