Posted to alt.home.repair
Mamba Mamba is offline

Default What is the most reliable "Back-Pack" Gas Weed Eater?

"Merlin" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello everyone,

I have slightly over an acre of yard with 125 large trees, 700+ feet
of fence-line, numerous bushes, flowerbeds, out buildings and 400 feet
of drainage ditch that I have to weed eat around. I checked with a
landscaping company and they said they wouldn't touch it for just the
weed eating for less than $75 per/cut. I'm not paying that much. I'll
pay for a high quality one and do it myself. I need one that has the
back-pack feature because I'm getting older and I can't hold the
regular ones very long.

Needless to say, it's a bit much for your standard weed eater. I've
worked several of them to death.

I'm looking for a high quality, electric start, "back-pack" type
commercial weed eater to purchase.

I thought I would check here first to see if any of you good people
could tell me of any that you've personally used and had great
experiences with.

Thank you in advance for any information you can provide.

If you get a good quality straight shaft trimmer (like a commercial Stihl)
and try one of these, it might aremove the back-pack requirement.
http://www.weedwheels.com/