Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker LT[_2_] Steve Barker LT[_2_] is offline

Default Woodstove "plastic" smell?

Don't know then. In your OP, you said:

We've had our woodstove for about four years now. Late last year, we
started noticing a "plastic" smell when we are using the woodstove. It
seems to be most noticeable when we have a hot fire going. If I damper down
the fire, the smell goes away.

so i thought that it was only when it was extra hot.

steve

"HerHusband" wrote in message
Steve,

It's the paint. It will always do that when you get 'em extra hot.

That's what I thought, but it seems to smell long before the woodstove or
chimney pipe has gotten hot enough to cause the paint to release vapors.

Anthony