Posted to uk.d-i-y
Cicero Cicero is offline

Default Haircut for a doormat - how?

On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 09:29:44 -0700, David wrote:

Just had a new door fitted (have done internal doors, but not brave enough
for the front door.

Fits the frame perfectly. Problem is that it rubs on a bit of the large
(1.5m x 2m) inset doormat when opened. This is because the front right
hand side of the doormat well is higher. I'm loath to have the joiner
plane more off the bottom of the door as it will not then fit so well
along the threshold.

So...can anyone think of a method of giving a haircit to a 30x30 section
of a coir doormat? I've started with scissors, but laborious ain't the
word. I have googled this but I may be the first..

Thanks

David

You could try an electric hedge trimmer if you've got one.

Cic.
--
Using Ubuntu Linux