Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
TMN TMN is offline

Default Lead (Pb) price continues to skyrocket

On Oct 18, 9:18 am, "Harold and Susan Vordos" wrote:
"Adam Corolla" wrote in message

"Richard J Kinch" wrote in message
Lead is at $1.80/lb these days, up from 40 cents a year ago and 20 cents
five years ago.

http://www.kitcometals.com/charts/lead_historical.html

What is the problem with world market for this metal?

Suddenly those neurotic hoards of old car batteries in the back yard
don't
look so crazy.

It looks like the price of all the metals listed on that site (Aluminum,
zinc, nickel and copper in addition to lead) have undergone dramatic
increases in the last two years.

Though lead has increased more than other metals, my take is that the
metals aren't increasing in value so much as the value of the dollar is
dropping.

An excellent observation. You want to put it in perspective?

An ounce of gold still weighs 480 grains, but it now takes about $760 of our
useless dollars to purchase one. Official gold valuation, prior to 1933,
was $20.67/ounce.

Harold- Hide quoted text -

We own a fishing tackle store here in South Africa - the price of
lead here too has rocketed - even here the lead is being sent to China
from the scrap merchants - not good for sinker prices !!!! Soon it
wont only be Bismuth sinkers that are outrageously priced !!!

Tim