Posted to uk.d-i-y
Franko Franko is offline

Default Timed light switching query

"Rumble" wrote in message
Owain wrote:
Franko wrote:
Thanks Rumble, I've had the document hosted at
http://www.mooload.com/new/file.php?...tation.pdf&s=t
it is a pdf document of about 123kb so not too large.

Offline so can't check.

After looking through it, I now realise that the light is actually only
activated for 2 minutes so that is not really a long enough time as
opposed to being too long. Could your method give me a bit more control
over the actions that are available to me now ?

Yes.

Slightly more complicated, in that you would probably need to get a
Permanent L as well as a Switched L from the gate, but you can get
electronic relays with adjustable delay-on and delay-off settings. Using
one of those instead of the ordinary relays would allow you considerable
flexibility over controlling the lights.

You could also have additional switches to put the lights on in parallel
with the relay contacts, such as PIR sensors further up the drive.

Owain

What Owain says. Also, as the Courtesy Light Output is only rated at 40W,
using an interface relay would allow you to have a larger lighting load if
necessary/desirable.

Can you post a clear photograph of the controller circuit board, so we can
try and figure out whether the courtesy light "switch" is a triac or a
relay?

Hi, I've found another document with a photo of the circuit board, the
address is:
http://www.mooload.com/new/file.php?...cument.pdf&s=t
I'm a bit disappointed that the output is only rated at 40w so any help to
allow me to use more powerful lights is much appreciated. I have access to
other sources of power as the drive is adjacent to my shed with power and
light installed.
Thanks for all your help guys,
Franko.