Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bill Schwab Bill Schwab is offline

Default Lathe Stand

George,

Hello folks.

I have a Chinese "whoflungdung" 12x36 lathe that came with the standard type
cabinet stand, and I'm looking to make a replacement stand that's more
sturdy and stable so I don't have to worry about brushing up against the
lathe and moving it out of alignment.

I basically know what I want, but was just wondering if anyone had any ideas
or links to interesting designs or types?

About the lathe itself, are you happy with it? Where did you buy it?
How does it stack up on DoN's questions:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.c...4d1c729d35aab8

which are part of this thread:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.c...e2e7ae6b25a59e

Those links will almost certainly wrap. Sorry about that. I think it
will be the first hit to "lathe advice" on Google groups, which might be
the easiest way to find it.

Bill