Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design
me me is offline

Default Where's the benefit...

Eeyore wrote in
:

me wrote:

Eeyore wrote
John Fields wrote:
Eeyore wrote:
petrus bitbyter wrote:

I also ask what reasons a US Congress has to pass a bill about
another country internal affairs.

LOL !

The US has a long history of meddling in other countries'
internal affairs including supporting military coups ! Passing a
Bill asking Turkey to 'own up' to genocide is quite mild in
comparison.

---
"People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones" dontcha
know...

I suspect that "The sun never sets on the British Empire" didn't
come about by you all not meddling in other countries' internal
affairs.

The difference being that we've long stopped doing it except of
course for the recent Iraq nonsense which was at the behest of the
USA in its new Imperial quest.

Long is a bit of a stretch, Falkland Islands.

The Falklands is and was then British. It was the Argentinians who were
interfering in OUR affairs.

Graham

Quite right. However the statement was in reference to;

I suspect that "The sun never sets on the British Empire" didn't
come about by you all not meddling in other countries' internal
affairs.

The difference being that we've long stopped doing it except of
course for the recent Iraq nonsense which was at the behest of the
USA in its new Imperial quest.

saying that "you" still retain territories from colonial times, which was
the reason it "contested".

I was not saying it was necessarily a bad thing...