Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Two stroke motor without ENGINE OIL???

Steve Barker LT wrote:
It's a fairly useful definition. Real diesels don't have precombustion
chambers and therefore don't NEED any glow plugs. The precombustion chamber
makes for a quieter engine. And Gawd knows we wouldn't want to hear the
engine running nowadays.

I don't know what it's of use for is the deal. Torque, hp, fuel
consumption, etc., are useful categorizations but I don't see the deal
on some artificial "real" vis a vis "not real".

And, certainly, after 12-14 hour days on tractor or combine in the
field, any more diesel noise than mandatory is certainly not anything I
count as a blessing...