Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Two stroke motor without ENGINE OIL???

"dpb" wrote in message ...
Steve Barker LT wrote:

...[top posting repaired]...

"Harry K" wrote in message
ups.com...
I see that you have the explanation how they work. I apologize for
the 'rtfm' comment. Thinking back I was in the same position when
someone told me that diesel engines don't have spark plugs...well, not
after they are running at least.

Harry K

They don't have spark plugs before they are running either.

He's referring to glow plugs for starting, obviously...

How about 2 stroke engines with glow plugs for running also? Yes, they have
them and no, they are not diesel either. They use alcohol based fuel. I bet
some of you guys used them.