Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
George George is offline

Default DVR XP

"mac davis" wrote in message
Steve.. I've been considering this lathe as a move up from my jet 1442vs..
I like the lathe on paper and appreciate the belt-less drive and all..

My question is on low speed.. the ads all say 100 to 3,000 rpm or whatever
and I
was wondering why they'd limit it that way, when other digital lathes
state low
speed at zero??

There's always the source www.teknatool.com and the downloadable manual.

Also has the copy from the FWW test
http://www.teknatool.com/products/La... pril%2007.pdf
which certainly found no fault with the fit/finish.

http://groups.msn.com/NovaOwners is another place to check.

I've got the 300 with the bed Steve thought should be beefed up and the
silly-looking tailstock they began with. Looks like the Stubby type. I
swing capacity over the bed no problems, so I think it's perception, not
reality. As to the speed, remember a reluctance motor is a bit different
than an induction type, which doesn't make much torque at 2 rpm, BTW. You
want oomph at low end the DC types are your meat.