Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default Totally OT Ford attempts to dazzle the customer

On Oct 17, 4:39 pm, "
wrote:
On Oct 16, 11:43 pm, Robatoy wrote:

SNIP

I drove a Ford 500 recently and thought it was just fine. I quite liked it.

You know, I don't think I have ever read anything really bad about
this car, and for the most part it seem to be seeing positive reports
on most aspects of this model.

I'm an Audi guy. I have messed with BMW, even Mercedes. (Never any
real 'upscale' versions like AMG's or M5's).
So, I have a bit of a feel for handling and power and such. Nothing I
like more than being able to throw around big cars at small car-
speeds. That ride in that Ford 500 was a real surprise for me. It had
all kinds of throttle, LOTS of cornering ability, and plenty of
brakes. I likened it to a 540 BMW in all aspects. For WAY less than
half the money of an Audi A6 with a 4.2 litre V-8, the 500 was one
helluva deal. (Fit and finish weren't quite there...and neither was
the 'scent'..but dammit, it was a nice car.)

But I just don't think that American comsumers care anymore about Ford
and their lousy products. After putting out crap for so many years,
they are simply irrelevant. All that bad capital they have built over
the years will truly be almost impossible to overcome.

*sigh*... what a a frickin' shame. Really. That mind-set is so hard to
overcome. So much has to do with people feeling 'let down'. I have a
parking lot full of stories. My guys love some of my old GMC rolling
stock, but can't stand the newer stuff.

I wonder if any tool makers are following along on the home version of
this story...

I repeat. It is a crying shame. It's like a huge collective enema was
shoved up an entire nation and deflated any and all loyalties out from
under them.

*I* am a Canadian. *I* take pride in buying something that says MADE
IN USA.
*I* am NOT sucking up to anybody here. It is a FACT!
My big brother to the south of me can do AMAZING things. Moonshots.
Big Bombs even. You sunsabitches kicked some whoopass in Europe back
in '45. You got some awesome women down there. (My sister's one of
them... so are 3 nieces who suffered tornadoes and dead husbands...)
Hell...even your Bourbon is kinda wicked and cool.

So, lose Bush, Cheney, and Doug Miller, and I'll love you again.

You DO know I'm kidding, right? (well maybe not ALL of it...)